Inside, there are five rooms.
The upper room contains one bonelord, as does the lower room. The right room has one ghoul. To the left is Lugri. The central room is usually empty, though the bonelords and ghoul are known to congregate here (usually lured to the ladder by unwary adventurers).
When you arrive at the hole, go down and take a quick look without moving from the ladder-square and go up again.
- If you did see more than one monster in the central room (excluding Skeletons, of course), watch out and carefully kill the ghoul first, if possible, as it will hit a lot through your armor.
- If you didn't see any monsters:
- Go to the right and kill the ghoul first. Note that it's immune to Earth damage.
- Go to the upper room and kill the bonelord there. Chase the bonelord; this way, it will have to run away from you. If you close in on it, he will use more melee attacks than magic attacks.
- Go to the lower room and do the same as written above.