Los Paladines son maestros en distance weapons, p.e. Bows, Crossbows, Spears y Stars. Los Paladines tienen un buen balance entre habilidades físicas y mágicas. Avanzan muy rapido en Distance y no son totalmente inútiles usando mágia. Comparado con los Knights, los Paladines incrementan su Shielding de forma similar y avanzan un poco más despacio en Melee.
Paladins are not severely lacking in any ability, but their forte is the use of distance weapons.
- El más rápido avanzando habilidades de Distance.
- Rápido en avanzar habilidades en Shielding y Melee.
- Unica vocación capaz de conjurar ammunition usando magia.
- Más Capacity y Hitpoints que los Magos.
- Más Mana que los Knights.
- Rápida generacion de Hitpoint que los Magos.
- Rápida generacion de Mana que los Knights.
- Rápido en avanzar Magic Level que los Knights.
- Able to learn a robust set of Spells and make 2 types of support Runes.
- Can use stronger and heavier Sets. (See also: Paladin Set)
- Sólo puede aprender algunos Spells y puede hacer tres tipos de Runes.
- Menos Capacity que los Knights.
- Less Mana than Mages.
- Less Hitpoints than Knights.
- Slower Hitpoint regeneration than Knights.
- Slower Mana regeneration than Mages.
- Slower advancement in Magic Level than Mages.
Gains and RegenerationEditar sección
Gains by levelEditar sección
With each level, a paladin will gain:
A paladin will regenerate:
a Royal Paladin will regenerate:
When a paladin reaches level 20, he can purchase a Promotion and become a Royal Paladin with certain benefits.
See the page on Promotion for more information.
Tips and TricksEditar sección
All vocations should use their strengths to their own benefit. For example, it would be useless for a knight to try and make money selling runes. Instead, use the unique aspects of the vocation to your advantage.
Making MoneyEditar sección
- Sell Ammunition. Using the Conjure Arrow, Conjure Bolt and Enchant Spear spells, you can make ammunition to either use yourself, or sell. After the summer update 2007 the demand is lower, but there are still lots of people buying backpacks of bolts and arrows and there are a lot of people that buy Enchanted Spears.
- Use Your Melee Skills. Although knights are the best vocation for melee, an advantage to paladins is that they have good shielding skill and acceptable melee skill advancement. When low on cash for ammunition, get a shield and melee weapon and hunt some weaker creatures. This will train your shielding skill, give a little exp, and also give some gold to pay for more ammunition!
- Use Your Capacity. Since Paladins have the second best capacity after knights, you can also make some money by looting dead corpses of monsters and sell items that have been left behind by other players.
Gaining ExperienceEditar sección
- "Run" large creatures. Running a creature involves attacking them from a distance while staying far enough away from them that they cannot attack you. This is best done in large open areas, but can also be effective in caves if you are careful. It may help to keep a steady distance of 3-4 squares from the monster, depending on your weapon, and to stop for a slight second every 2-3 paces.
- Hunt with a Blocker. You can usually find a knight that is willing to block for you. This way, the knight will absorb most of the damage from the creature(s), and you will gain most of the experience. Depending upon your prior arrangements, you will usually split the loot with everyone in the hunting party. But it is also possible to block with a paladin as well using spears and a shield. The risk of dying is slightly higher than with a knight, but with good skills and equipment it becomes less wasteful and faster.
- Hunt with Convinced Creatures. The most valuable way for a paladin to use a summon, is to make the summoned creature block for you. Either convince a creature where you are hunting, or get a mage to summon a creature for you to convince. At level 47 a paladin can convince a Demon Skeleton, which works very well to block most creatures with Poison or Fire attacks.
Advancing Your SkillsEditar sección
- Hunt with Small Stones. When your distance skill advances, you will kill creatures very quickly with your Bolts, Arrows and even Spears. Since Small Stones have a much lower attack, it will take longer to kill the creature you are attacking. Since more time is spent attacking a creature, your distance skill will advance more rapidly than hunting normally.
- Train with players. On Hardcore-Pvp worlds and Open-Pvp worlds you can train with people by using Small Stones or Spears at lower levels to advance in skills without increasing your level.
- Use Balanced Fighting or Defensive Fighting. When using Balanced or Defensive fighting mode you will cause less damage to your opponent and "breakable" weapons (Spears, Throwing Stars, Small Stones, etc.) will not break as frequently.
- Do not train on Rookgaard, this is one common mistake people make, because those few skill points you get will be obtained much easier and quicker in main.
- Use a one-handed weapon and a shield. When you are hunting less-dangerous creatures, or if you are hunting in a place that you cannot "run" your opponents, use a shield, and one-handed weapons like Small Stones, Throwing Stars, Spears, etc. You can still do substantial damage with some of these weapons, but you will be advancing your shielding skill and your distance skill.
Magic LevelEditar sección
- Never have full mana. Your Magic Level is advanced by using mana. Every second that you have full mana, you are losing potential magic level advancement.
- Spend as little time as possible in Protection Zones. You cannot use mana that you do not generate, so spend as little time as possible in situations where you do not regenerate mana.
- Always eat. Make sure you have access to Food at all times. If you run out of food, then you will not be able to regenerate mana for using.
- Carry Mana Potions. Not only is this a good idea if you get in a jam, but using Mana Potions will help you advance your Magic Level faster.
- Use your mana shield. As a paladin, you do not need mana points to attack creatures and thus, if you are jammed, or just as training, you can cast the mana shield spell. Keep in mind that mana lost from taking damage while wearing mana shield will not count towards your magic level. Now a days, magic shield isn't a good spell anymore, since you can use Divine Missile and Ethereal Spear. Futhermore, you can heal with Divine Healing, that has a good heal power.
- Use exori spells. Really useful for their range and damage, Divine Missile and Ethereal Spear are a really good ways to spend mana especially hunting Undead.
Additional InformationEditar sección
Related PagesEditar sección
Pages of Particular Interest to PaladinsEditar sección
- Paladin's Hunting places
- Offensive Fighting
- Balanced Fighting
- Defensive Fighting
- Paladin Guild Leader NPCs
- Armor Shopkeeper NPCs
- Magic Shopkeeper NPCs
- Fletcher NPCs
- Equipment Shopkeeper NPCs
Instant Spells Editar sección
|Antidote||exana pox||no||30||10||150||Healing||Cures poison.|
|Conjure Arrow||exevo con||no||100||13||450||Supply||Creates 10 Arrows.|
|Conjure Bolt||exevo con mort||yes||140||17||750||Supply||Creates 5 Bolts.|
|Conjure Explosive Arrow||exevo con flam||no||290||25||1000||Supply||Creates 8 Burst Arrows.|
|Conjure Piercing Bolt||exevo con grav||yes||180||33||850||Supply||Creates 5 Piercing Bolts.|
|Conjure Poisoned Arrow||exevo con pox||no||130||16||700||Supply||Creates 7 Poison Arrows.|
|Conjure Power Bolt||exevo con vis||yes||700||59||2000||Supply||Creates 10 Power Bolts.|
|Conjure Sniper Arrow||exevo con hur||yes||160||24||800||Supply||Creates 5 Sniper Arrows.|
|Cure Curse||exana mort||yes||40||80||6,000||Healing||Cures the Cursed condition.|
|Divine Caldera||exevo mas san||yes||160||50||3000||Attack||Archivo:Holy Damage Icon.gif Causes Holy Damage in a 3 tile radius from the caster (area effect).|
|Divine Healing||exura san||No||160||35||3000||Healing||Restores a huge amount of health to the target. (Cures paralysis.)|
|Divine Missile||exori san||yes||20||40||1800||Attack||Archivo:Holy Damage Icon.gif Causes Holy Damage focused on the square directly in front of the caster, or hits a target at a distance of up to 4 square meters away.|
|Enchant Spear||exeta con||yes||350||45||2000||Supply||Turns one ordinary Spear into an Enchanted Spear. You need to have atleast one ordinary spear on your hand to make this spell.|
|Ethereal Spear||exori con||yes||25||23||1100||Attack||Attacks the target causing Physical Damage.|
|Find Person||exiva "NAME"||no||20||8||80||Support||Tells you which direction a certain player is, relative to you, and a rough idea of the distance.|
|Great Light||utevo gran lux||no||60||13||500||Support||Provides illumination in a 4 tile radius around the caster (area effect). Duration is 11 minutes, 35 seconds.|
|Haste||utani hur||yes||60||14||600||Support||Increases Speed. (Consult the Formula page to determine the enhancement.) Duration is 33 seconds. Cures paralysis.|
|Intense Healing||exura gran||no||70||20||350||Healing||Restores a medium amount of health to the target. (Cures paralysis.)|
|Levitate||exani hur up|
exani hur down
|yes||50||12||500||Support||Permits vertical movement via levitation, up or down one level.|
|Light||utevo lux||no||20||8||100||Support||Provides illumination in a 3 tile radius around the caster (area effect). Duration is 6 minutes, 10 seconds.|
|Light Healing||exura||no||20||9||170||Healing||Restores a small amount of health. (Cures paralysis.)|
|Magic Rope||exani tera||yes||20||9||200||Support||Teleports you up through a hole when you are standing in a rope spot.|
|Power Bolt (spell)||exevo con vis||yes||700||59||2000||Supply||Creates 10 Power Bolts.|
|Protect Party||utamo mas sio||yes||Varies||32||4000||Support||The Protect Party spell will raise the shielding by 3 for 2 minutes for every party member standing on one of these fields.|
|Sharpshooter||utito tempo san||yes||450||60||8000||Support||Increases the distance skill of Paladins by approximately 50% for 10 seconds.|
While this spell is in effect, the paladin's speed is reduced by 70%, they cannot cast any healing, support or supply spells, and they cannot block attacks.
|Swift Foot||utamo tempo san||yes||400||55||6000||Support||Increases the paladin's speed by 80% for 10 seconds, they however can not attack or use attack spells during this time.|
|Ultimate Healing||exura vita||no||160||20||1000||Healing||Restores a large amount of health to the target. (Cures paralysis.)|
Note: These spells were buyable in the past from spell scrolls, some older paladins still have them.
|Energy Beam||exevo vis lux||Unknown||40 mana||lvl 23||1000 gp||Shoots a 5 tile long beam in front of the caster.|
|Summon Creature||utevo res "creature name"||Unknown||varies mana||lvl 25||2000 gp||Summons a creature to help you.|
Rune Spells Editar sección
|Name||Words||Subclass||Dmg. Type||Voc||Prem||Spell Price||Mana to Make||Lvl to Make||Rune Price||SP||ML to Use||Amount||Weight||Effect|
|Desintegrate||adito tera||Support||Druids, Sorcerers, Paladins.||yes||900||200||21||26||3||4||3||0.70||Destroys movable objects.|
|Destroy Field||adito grav||Support||Druids, Sorcerers, Paladins.||no||700||120||17||15||2||3||3||0.70||Destroys fire, poison and energy fields, from any distance as long there's nothing blocking the path.|
|Holy Missile||adori san||Attack||Holy||Paladins||yes||1600||300||27||16||3||4||5||0.42||Shoots an attack that inflicts Holy Damage.|
Possible Hotkey Assignments Editar sección
If you are having trouble with too many hotkeys to remember, then the following table may be useful for you. It provides an organized set of hotkey assignments for the most commonly used spells for this vocation.
This table is only an idea to help you build your own set of hotkeys, you obviously do not need to use these key assignments if you do not want to. See the page on Hotkeys for a blank template.
You can also print this table out and place it above your keyboard as a quick-reference. Make sure you print "landscape" instead of "profile", or you will not print the entire .
|Ethereal Spear||Holy Missile||Light Healing||Divine Healing.||Strong/Regular Mana Potion||Great Spirit Potion||Intense Healing||Antidote||Haste||Protect Party||Invisible.||Rope||Standard|
|SHIFT+||.||Swift Foot||Levitate Down.||Magic Rope.||Magic Rope||Powerful|
|CTRL+||Levitate Up||Levitate Down||Food||Runes|
See also: Paladin Template