- The goal of the game is to have the most points at the end of the game.
- A football pitch must be arranged, and "goals" must be established and agreed upon. This is usually done by arranging Parcels in the rectangular shape of a field. This is a common arrangement for a Football pitch (goals are indicated by the red squares). A football pitch may be any size and shape, but must be agreed upon by both teams.
- Sometimes, teams will decide to NOT use a formal field, but will play through a town. In these games the goals are usually very far apart from eachother and there is no "out of bounds", but all other aspects of gameplay is the same.
- There is also an underground black marble floor in the shape of a football pitch west of the Ab'Dendriel depot which can be used, but there is no room for many people to watch the game.
- There are two teams, each with the same number of players (usually 2, 3, or 4 on each team).
- One player from each team will usually be a goal keeper. The only job for the goal keeper, is to stand by the goal, and try to prevent the football from entering it.
- Football is played by "throwing" the football across the field.
- Every time the football lands in your goal, the opposing team scores one goal.
- Before starting the game, both teams must decide on how and when to end the game.
- Usually, the game is ended by a time-limit. The game will continue until the time has run out, then the team with the most goals wins.
- Sometimes, teams will play to a specific number of goals. The first team to get this many goals, wins.
For a complete set of rules and more information, see Wikipedia's article on Football.
See list of Tibia Games.